Whole Grain Buckwheat Pancakes
Buckwheat is naturally gluten free whole grain, full of essential minerals and fibre, is high in protein and amino acids. This pancakes are easy to make, delicious and tasty. Buckwheat flour gives light and airy consistency and incredible flavour. You can finish the pancakes with your choice of sweet or savoury toppings, exactly as you love.
- buckwheat flour - 1.5 cup
- eggs - 2
- natural yogurt - 1.5 cup
- milk - 0.25 cup
- backing powder - 2 teaspoons
- salt - 1 teaspoon
- caster sugar - 1 teaspoon
- vegetable oil - 4 tablespoons
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, sugar, backing powder, yogurt and the eggs. Gradually add the milk to give the batter the consistency of clotted cream. Add one tablespoon of the vegetable oil.
- Put a cloth on top of the bowl and let the batter rest in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Put vegetable oil in a small cup and with a paper towel rub some of the oil onto a small frying pan and heat over medium-high heat.
- Ladle out pancake batter to about 10cm circles. Allow to cook until bubbles form on top and peek underneath reveals a nice dark brown.
- Gently loosen with a palette knife. Turn and cook the other side until done - for next 1-2 minutes.
- Serve hot with a dollop of soft cheese and smoked salmon or with plenty of soft butter and real maple syrup.