- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: For Family
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 70
- Carbohydrate Content: 12g
- Cholesterol Content: <5mg
- Fat Content: 1g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5g
- Sodium Content: 720mg
- Sugar Content: 2g
White Veggie Cream Soup
Making soup is the best kind of kitchen experience. This is very easy, quick and simple to prepare and it is very very healthy dairy free soup. Finally, just purée everything in a blender and serve with some puff pastry croutons. This soup is a perfect lunch starter. As it is totally free of any kind of meat - it is suitable for vegetarian without Parmesan and for vegan is perfect too, but of course without puff pastry croutons and Parmesan.
- white cabbage - ½ (chopped)
- cauliflower - ½ (chopped)
- parsley root - 1 (peeled and diced)
- potatoes - 4 (peeled and diced)
- celeriac - ½ (peeled and diced)
- vegetable stock - 1000ml
- sea salt - to taste
- rainbow peppercorn - to taste (freshly ground)
- Parmesan cheese - 50g freshly grated (optional)
- puff pastry croutons - a handful (optional)
- Heat the vegetable stock in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add cabbage, parsley, celeriac and potatoes, bring to the boil and cook for 10 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Add cauliflower. Season with salt. Simmer for 10 minutes, until the vegetables are completely cooked through.
- Using a food processor purée the soup until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot with puff pastry croutons and sprinkled with the Parmesan.