- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: For Family
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 25
- Carbohydrate Content: 3g
- Fat Content: 1.5g
- Fiber Content: <1g
- Protein Content: <1g
- Sodium Content: 200mg
Tomato and Sour Cream Summer Salad
This simple tomato and spring onion salad is very popular in Eastern Europe and I don’t see any reasons why it wouldn't be liked in any other country which grows tomatoes.
Creamy tomato salad is such a refreshing summer side dish and it only has 3 ingredients. It’s a perfect side dish to make in a few minutes. All you need is fresh tomatoes, spring onion and sour cream to make this delicious fresh salad.
This simple tomato salad brings me the warmest memories every time I eat it. I grew up eating this salad each and every summer because it’s so easy and delicious.
- tomatoes - 4 medium (raspberry ox-heart)
- spring onions - 3 (peeled and chopped)
- sour cream - 200ml
- sea salt - to taste
- rainbow peppercorn - to taste (freshly ground)
- Remove the core from the top of the tomato, Make a cross in the bottom of the tomato and plunge into boiling water for 15 seconds. Remove the tomato from the water and peel. The skin should come away easily.
- Chop the tomatoes into small cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes and spring onion. Season with salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Add sour cream. Mix everything well.
- Sprinkle with spring onion over the top of the tomato salad for garnish.