- Yield: 3 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: For Family
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 250
- Carbohydrate Content: 24g
- Cholesterol Content: 30mg
- Fat Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 9g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 1700mg
- Sugar Content: 3g
Asparagus and Salmon Risotto
Rich and creamy smoked salmon and asparagus risotto with a little touch of dill. My husband said that this is one of the most delicious risottos I’ve ever tasted — and I said: it’s so simple to make and I love cooking risotto.
- risotto rice - 300g
- vegetable stock - 1000ml (hot)
- green asparagus - 1 bunch (chopped into 2cm pieces)
- cold smoked salmon - 100g (chopped)
- white wine - 125ml
- butter - 3 tablespoons
- dill - a bunch (chopped)
- Parmigiano Reggiano - 50g (grated)
- lemon wedges - 3
- Melt half of the butter in a wide shallow pan over medium heat. Add the rice and stir to coat all the grains in the butter.
- Gradually add two ladles of the hot vegetable stock. Cook, stirring occasionally, until all the stock has been absorbed into the rice.
- Gradually add the wine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until all the liquid has been absorbed into the rice.
- Add one small ladle of the hot stock. Stirring the rice with a wooden spoon to prevent it sticking to the pan.
- Add a little more stock and asparagus. Stir until the rice dries out again.
- After about 15 minutes add salmon.
- Continue cooking, stirring and adding the liquid until the rice is al dente. The total cooking time of the risotto is about 20-30 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the remaining butter for extra richness, dill and the Parmigiano Reggiano to perfect finish.
- Allow the risotto to rest for 2-3 minutes before serving. Serve with lemon wedges.