- Yield: 2 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: For Family
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 30
- Carbohydrate Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 420mg
- Sugar Content: 1g
Nasturtium Flower Salad
Do you know that the whole nasturtiums are edible? It has a slightly spicy taste. The leaves are used for salads with lettuce or for sandwiches. Most people use nasturtium for fruit salads... thinking perhaps, about sweet scent and colour. I decided to go with the taste of nasturtium which is, in my opinion, similar to watercress. And so it was created crispy and quite spicy salad with cauliflower and radish. See these colours ... they are phenomenal!
- Italian mix salad - 100g (Escarole, Endive, Radicchio, Lollo Rosso)
- cauliflower - 100g (florets)
- radish - 50g (cut into slices)
- nasturtium flowers - 10 (only petals)
- nasturtium leaves - a handful
- sea salt - to taste
- rainbow peppercorn - to taste (freshly ground)
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Sprinkle with nasturtium petals over the top of the salad for garnish.
- Serve with Balsamic Vinegar Of Modena or you can prepare simple dressing by mixing half cup of olive oil with five tablespoons of lemon juice (shake well and add to the salad)