Old School Butter Loaf Cake
This is the best butter loaf cake recipe you’ll ever eat. Old-Fashioned crazy buttery, sweet and rich, so addictive and delicious! I've used my favourite potato starch cake base. Old school buttery cake loaf available today at Bláthach blog.
- eggs - 3
- caster sugar - 1 cup
- unsalted butter - 125g
- sunflower oil - 3 tablespoons
- potato starch - 1 cup
- plain flour - 4 tablespoons
- baking powder - 1 teaspoon
- butter flovour extract - 5 drops
- Place the eggs into a large bowl. Beat until light and fluffy, few minutes. Add sugar, spoon after spoon.
- Sift the baking powder, flour and potato starch. Then add to beaten eggs. Add sunflower oil, butter extract and mix together gently with a wooden or plastic spoon until a wet batter forms but do not overmix.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and pour the butter to the mixture and mix until combine.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Line the loaf pan with parchment and put the mixture into the loaf tin.
- Bake the loaf for 50-60 minutes until golden and well risen, and a skewer inserted into the centre of a cake comes out clean.
- Once it’s done, remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.