Easy Homemade Pizza Bread
We’ve made homemade pizza for a long time. Learning how to make pizza at home? Here's how to make and bake an epic pizza at home. This easy pizza dough recipe is great for beginners.
- Pizza Yeast Dough - makes enough dough for two pizzas
- dried yeast - 7g (1 sachet)
- water - ¼ cup (warm)
- milk - ¼ cup (warm)
- sugar - 1 teaspoon
- strong white flour - 400g plus extra for dusting
- salt - 1 tablespoon
- olive oil - 1 tablespoon
- natural yogurt - 2 tablespoons
- semolina - for dusting
- Pizza Ingredients
- tomato sauce - 6 tablespoons
- mozzarella cheese - 1 ball
- mushrooms - 6 (thinly sliced)
- red pepper - ½ bell (thinly sliced)
- onion - 1 small (thinly sliced)
- mozzarella cheese - grated
- tuna chunks - (optional)
- sunflower seeds - (optional)
- fresh baby leaves salad - (optional after baking)
- fresh basil - (optional after baking)
- Dissolve 1 teaspoon sugar in 1/4 cup warm water and 1/4 cup warm milk. Add yeast. Stir in yeast until completely dissolved. Let mixture stand until yeast begins to foam vigorously. When the yeast mixture has doubled its volume, is ready to prepare pizza yeast dough.
- Put the flour, salt, olive oil, yogurt and yeast mixture into a bowl and mix well to form a dough.
- Knead for 10 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Cover with a clean cloth and let it rest. Leave the dough in warm place for 2 hours, until doubled.
- Preheat the oven to 240°C.
- Transfer the dough to sprinkled with semolina surface. Divide the dough in half. Form two round balls of dough.
- Working one ball of dough at a time, take one ball of dough and flatten it with your hands. Starting at the centre and working outwards, use your fingertips to press the dough to 1cm thick and continue to stretch it until it reaches the desired diameter – 25cm.
- Transfer one prepared flattened dough to the pizza perforated baking tray.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the base, leaving a 2cm border around the edge. Top the pizza with mozzarella, place your desired toppings on the pizza and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake pizza one at a time until the crust is browned and the cheese is golden, about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot with homemade garlic dip
5 stars - based on 1 review(s)