- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: For Family
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 130
- Carbohydrate Content: 12g
- Cholesterol Content: 55mg
- Fat Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 320mg
- Sugar Content: <1g
Home-Made Potato Croquettes
What is this potato croquettes secret? The first is a well-proportioned balance of flour, egg and potato. The second is to cook potatoes with the skin then remove it. My potato croquettes look gorgeous and taste even better. Coating with the breadcrumbs bring an amazing crunch to these croquettes. Mouth-watering croquettes with mushroom sauce - sounds promising...
- potatoes - 1 kg
- eggs - 2
- plain white flour - 4 tablespoons
- mild red cheddar - 100g (grated)
- fresh parsley - 4 tablespoons (chopped)
- breadcrumbs - 150g
- sea salt - to taste
- rainbow peppercorn - to taste (freshly ground)
- vegetable oil - 100ml + extra if needed
- Wash the potatoes. Fill the pot with cold salted water, add the whole, unpeeled potatoes. Cover the pot with a lid and bring water to boil, then cook for around 20 minutes on medium-high heat. Check potatoes for softness with a knife or a fork. If it goes through easy – they are done.
- Drain the potatoes and peel them while they are still hot.
- Run the potatoes through the food mill fitted with the large-holed plate into a large bowl. Set them aside to cool to room temperature.
- Mix one egg into the potatoes well, along with the flour, cheese, parsley, salt and freshly ground rainbow peppercorn.
- Knead the potato mixture briefly with your hands. Form the mixture into ball then flatten it.
- Whisk the egg until it is frothy. Spread out dried bread crumbs on a plate. Dip each croquette in the egg wash and finally roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add each croquette to hot oil and fry until golden brown on both sides. Remove to paper towels to absorb excess oil. Serve hot with creamy mushroom sauce.