- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: For Family
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 90
- Carbohydrate Content: 11g
- Fat Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 1g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5g
- Sodium Content: 200mg
- Sugar Content: 7g
Fava Bean Salad with Cherries and Radishes
Ever tried a fava bean salad with cherries? Healthy and delicious salad with phenomenal dressing, it is a salad recipe you can't miss. Fresh leaves are the perfect starting point for a salad. Fava beans, radishes, cherries and dill give depth, texture and contrast to this bright salad.
- mix leaves - 100g (Spinach, Rocket, Ruby Chard, Pea Shoots)
- fava beans - 300g
- cherries - 200g (stoned and quartered)
- radish - 50g (cut into slices)
- orange juice - 3 tablespoons
- olive oil - 3 tablespoons
- dill - 2 tablespoons (chopped)
- sea salt - to taste
- rainbow peppercorn - to taste (freshly ground)
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, add the fava beans and cook for 3 minutes, until cooked but not soft.
- Drain and shock in ice water. Remove outer skins and place beans on paper towels to drain.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients: fava beans, cherries, radishes, leaves and stir well.
- Prepare simple dressing by mixing orange juice, olive oil, dill, salt and pepper. Whisk until blended. Set aside until ready for use.
- Pour the dressing over the salad. Lightly toss to combine and serve immediately.