Celeriac and Raisins Salad
Celeriac (celery root) is an ugly looking root vegetable with its knotty exterior. Celeriac has a celery flavour and can be eaten raw or cooked. It is often used as a flavouring in soups, stews, gratins and baked or mashed dishes. Celeriac is a good source of vitamin C, vitamin K, phosphorus, potassium, dietary fiber, vitamin B6, magnesium and manganese.
I love this kind of salad, this is a delicious and easy way to use celeriac. Raisins add a nice sweet taste to this lovely salad, but horseradish more health benefits.
- celeriac - 1 root (peeled and cored)
- raisins - 150g
- horseradish cream - 1 tablespoon
- caster sugar - 1 teaspoon
- sea salt - to taste
- Grate celeriac on a grater (large holes)
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Season with salt. Mix well and refrigerate overnight. You can keep this salad in the fridge for up to 3 days.