- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 17 minutes
- Serving: For Family
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 90
- Carbohydrate Content: 10g
- Fat Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: <1g
- Sodium Content: 250mg
Braised Young Cabbage with Dill
This recipe will make you like cabbage in a whole different way. My husband just loves this cabbage, braised with some fresh chopped dill and served with young potatoes.
- white cabbage - 1 head (young)
- dill - a handful (chopped)
- butter - 2 tablespoons
- plain flour - 1 tablespoon
- water - 150ml
- lime juice - 2 tablespoons
- sea salt - 1 teaspoon
- sugar - 1 teaspoon
- rainbow peppercorn - to taste (freshly ground)
- Remove the darker and more protruding leaves from the cabbage. Slice the cabbage into four wedges. Remove the core and cut into strips.
- Heat water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add cabbage and bring to the boil. Add salt, sugar and pepper. Cook for 15 minutes or until the cabbage is tender. Stirring occasionally.
- Add dill and lemon juice and cook for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the roux. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add flour and stir until the butter and flour are well combined. Add to cabbage and mix well.
- Serve with young potatoes with dill and butter. Great side dish for about anything.