- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: For Family
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 160
- Carbohydrate Content: 14g
- Fat Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 450mg
Delicious Avocado Tuna Salad
Delicious Avocado Tuna Salad with crunchy iceberg lettuce, avocado, eggs, sundried tomatoes, and lemon dressing. This tuna salad is easy, healthy and down-right delicious salad you have ever had. It is also gluten and dairy free. I make a lemon-mustard vinaigrette style dressing which compliments the creamy avocado and brings out the flavour of tuna even more. All-in-all it is a vibrant salad. Whether you like to fill it in sandwich, eat with crackers or for a salad-lover like me eat-with-spoon.. you will fall-in-love with flavours.
- tuna chunks - 1 can (drained)
- iceberg lettuce - 200g (cut into 2cm pieces)
- eggs - 4 (hard-boiled and diced)
- avocados - 2 (pitted and diced)
- sun-dried tomatoes - 4 (cut into stripes)
- sunflower seeds - 3 tablespoons
- olive oil - 3 tablespoons
- lemon juice - 3 tablespoons
- wholegrain mustard - 1 tablesppon
- paprika - half a teaspoon
- oregano - half a teaspoon
- fresh parsley - 1 teaspoon (chopped)
- sea salt - to taste
- rainbow peppercorn - to taste (freshly ground)
- Prepare dressing - in a wide large mixing bowl, add all dressing ingredients - olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, oregano, paprika, parsley, salt and pepper. Whisk to emulsify.
- Prepare salad - combine all of the ingredients thoroughly in a bowl.
- Gently toss everything together - salad and dressing. Serve immediately. Enjoy Tuna Salad!