- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: For Family
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 120
- Carbohydrate Content: 17g
- Cholesterol Content: <5mg
- Fat Content: 4.5g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 690mg
- Sugar Content: 4g
Winter Pasta Minestrone
Minestrone is a thick soup of Italian origin made with vegetables, often with the addition of pasta or rice.
- onion - 1 (diced)
- carrots - 1 (peeled and diced)
- celery - 2 stalks (diced)
- potatoes - 2 (peeled and diced)
- courgettes - 2 medium (diced)
- green cabbage - 1/2 (chopped)
- garlic - 2 cloves (chopped)
- red kidney beans - 1 can (drained)
- pelati tomatoes - 1 can (chopped)
- tomatoes purée - 3 tablespoons
- conchiglione pasta - 100g
- vegetable stock - 1000ml
- Parmesan cheese - 50g freshly grated
- parsley - 1 tablespoon (chopped)
- olive oil - 2 tablespoons
- chilli flakes - 1 teaspoon
- sea salt - to taste
- black pepper - to taste (freshly ground)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes, until soft but not coloured. Add celery, carrot and potatoes. Stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, tomato purée and beans. Add vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- Add pasta, courgettes, cabbage and chilli flakes. Cover the pan. Simmer for 15 minutes, until the pasta and vegetables are completely cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with parsley over the top of the soup for garnish.
- Serve hot sprinkled with the Parmesan.