- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: For Family
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 120
- Carbohydrate Content: 17g
- Cholesterol Content: 35mg
- Fat Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 250mg
- Sugar Content: 9g
Traditional Polish Vegetable Salad
This traditional Polish salad is known all over Poland as a side salad for cold meats, fish, ham or as stand-alone dish . There is hardly a Polish celebration without cooked vegetable salad on the table. This is one of the most popular salads in Poland, we make it for special occasions and holidays. Super easy to make and stays fresh for few days.
- potatoes - 500g (peeled, cooked and diced)
- carrots - 200g (peeled, cooked and diced)
- pickled gherkins - 2 (peeled and diced)
- apple - 1 (peeled, cored and diced)
- eggs - 2 (hard-boiled, diced)
- leek - 1 , trimmed and finely diced (white and pale green parts only)
- sweet peas - 1 tin (drained)
- fresh parsley - 1 tablespoon (chopped)
- olive oil - 2 tablespoons
- lemon juice - 2 tablespoons
- Dijon mustard - 1 tablespoon
- mayonnaise - 200g (1 jar)
- caster sugar - 1 teaspoon
- sea salt - to taste
- rainbow peppercorn - to taste (freshly ground)
- Cook all vegetables until soft. Cook eggs. Let everything to cool down.
- Chop the potatoes, carrots, apple, pickled gherkin, leek and egg into small cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine all vegetables. Add the green peas, chopped parsley and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Add mayonnaise and mustard. Mix everything well.
- Sprinkle with parsley over the top of the potato salad for garnish.