Tomato Smoked Mackerel Pâté
A delicious twist of smoked mackerel and tomato. It might sound difficult, but this Scandinavian-style pâté is quick and easy to prepare. My favourite way to eat smoked mackerel is with a rye bread.
- smoked mackerel fillet - 1
- cream cheese - 200g
- tomato purée - 2 tablespoons
- sea salt - to taste
- rainbow peppercorn - to taste (freshly ground)
- Remove the skin and the bones from the smoked mackerel and flake it.
- Put the cream cheese, the flaked mackerel and tomato purée into a food processor.
- Blend until combined smooth.
- Season with ground rainbow peppercorn and sea salt.
- Refrigerate 1-2 hours and serve with crusty bread.