- Yield: 3 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: For Family
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 270
- Carbohydrate Content: 21g
- Cholesterol Content: 25mg
- Fat Content: 16g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 1120mg
- Sugar Content: 4g
Summer Green Pea and Bean Risotto
Risotto being perfect throughout the year, I love pumpkin and mushroom in the autumn, and tomato in the winter, but this is glorious for the summer. I love the vibrant green colour and crisp tender veggies. Fresh risotto like this is a beautiful summer dish! This creamy green risotto with pea and green bean is healthy and delicious.
- olive oil - 2 tablespoons
- risotto rice - 300g
- vegetable stock - 1000 ml (hot)
- green peas - 200g
- green beans - 200g
- white wine - 125ml
- butter - 2 tablespoons
- lime zest - a pinch
- Parmigiano Reggiano - 50g (shaved)
- . Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the rice and stir to coat all the grains in the olive oil.
- Add green peas and green beans.
- Gradually add two ladles of the hot stock. Cook, stirring occasionally, until all the stock has been absorbed into the rice.
- Gradually add the wine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until all the liquid has been absorbed into the rice.
- Add one small ladle of the hot stock. Stirring the rice with a wooden spoon to prevent it sticking to the pan.
- Continue cooking, stirring and adding the liquid until the rice is al dente. The total cooking time of the risotto is about 20-30 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the butter for extra richness, lime zest and the Parmigiano Reggiano to perfect finish.
- Allow the risotto to rest for 2-3 minutes before serving. Serve with shaved Parmigiano Reggiano.