Spiced Pumpkin Muffins
It’s getting to be that time of the year when the shops are full of delicious pumpkins. If you need absolutely delicious pumpkin muffin recipe, this is it. These Pumpkin Muffins are perfect - soft and moist ! I really like any kind of pumpkin breads, cakes or muffins because of health benefits – it is full of vitamin A and C, beta-carotene, healthy fiber and potassium.
- Makes 12 Muffins
- pumpkin purée - 250g
- plain white flour - 250g
- orange - 1 (zest and juice)
- milk - 100ml
- light demerara sugar - 150g
- unsalted butter - 100g (melted)
- eggs - 2
- potato starch - 2 tablespoons
- baking powder - 2 teaspoons
- ground mixed spice - 1 teaspoon (cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg)
- salt - a pinch
- Preheat the oven to 175°C. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with the paper cases and set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder, potato starch, and mixed spice into a large bowl. Add sugar and mix well. Set aside.
- Mix together pumpkin purée, milk, orange zest and juice.
- In second bowl beat together the melted butter and eggs. Add pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix together gently with a wooden or plastic spoon until a wet batter forms but do not overmix.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases, filling each case three-quarters full.
- Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes until golden and well risen, and a skewer inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Transfer all the muffins to a wire rack and sprinkle with extra sugar if you like.