- Yield: 12 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Serving: For Family
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 40
- Carbohydrate Content: 3g
- Cholesterol Content: 40mg
- Fat Content: 1.5g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5g
- Sodium Content: 250mg
Smoked Salmon and Egg Terrine
An ideal appetizer when entertaining. You can make a terrine a day ahead if you wish, then simply serve it with bread or baguette and freshly grated horseradish. This is a really impressive starter or even sandwich filling.
- egg - 5 boiled
- egg - 2
- cold smoked salmon - 100g (chopped)
- mild red cheddar - 100g (grated)
- breadcrumbs - 100g + extra for sprinkle
- dill - a bunch (chopped)
- natural yogurt - 2 tablespoons (Greek style yogurt)
- horseradish cream - 2 tablespoons (fresh grated)
- salt - to taste
- rainbow peppercorn - to taste (freshly ground)
- Shred boiled eggs on a greater (large holes)
- Combine all of the ingredients thoroughly in a bowl.
- Season with plenty of ground rainbow peppercorn and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Oil a small loaf tin or oven-proof serving dish and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Put the mixture in the loaf tin.
- Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes until piping hot and starting to turn golden.
- Leave to cool, then chill well.
- Slice and serve with bread or baguette and freshly grated horseradish.
5 stars - based on 1 review(s)