- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: For Family
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 50
- Carbohydrate Content: 4g
- Fat Content: 3.5g
- Fiber Content: <1g
- Protein Content: <1g
- Sodium Content: 200mg
Simple Lenten Potato Salad
This recipe is so easy to put together. Potato salad recipes vary greatly, but here is a basic recipe you can build upon. Potato salad is such an easy side to prepare for a pot-luck or family get-together. The basic recipe of cooked potatoes bound with mayonnaise and served cold is also found in northern Germany.
- potato - 500g (peeled, cooked and diced)
- pickled cucumbers - 2 (peeled and diced)
- leek - 1 trimmed and finely diced (white and pale green parts only)
- parsley - 1 tablespoon (chopped)
- olive oil - 2 tablespoons
- sea salt - to taste
- black pepper - to taste (freshly ground)
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Sprinkle with parsley over the top of the potato salad for garnish.