- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: For Family
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 90
- Carbohydrate Content: 7g
- Cholesterol Content: 20mg
- Fat Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 1g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4.5g
- Sodium Content: 240mg
Garlic Scalloped Potatoes
This potato side dish is the perfect combination of potatoes, cream, butter with a touch of garlic. These potatoes are similar to a Gratin Dauphinois but without cheese.
Boost your immune system this winter with a garlic and this easy to make recipe.
- potatoes - 1kg
- single cream - 250ml
- natural yogurt - 2 tablespoon (Greek style yogurt)
- garlic - 2 cloves (grated/minced)
- butter - to grease
- parsley - 1 tablespoon
- salt - to taste
- rainbow peppercorn - to taste (freshly ground)
- Wash and peel potatoes. Cut potatoes into quarters and add them to the pot. Fill the pot with cold water, just enough to cover potatoes and add one tablespoon of salt. Cover the pot with a lid and bring water to boil, then cook for around 20 minutes on medium-high heat. Check potatoes for softness with a knife or a fork. If it goes through easy – they are done. Remove cooked potatoes from heat and drain well.
- Slice the potatoes into 1cm thick disc.
- Meanwhile prepare the cream sauce. In a large bowl mix cream, Greek yogurt, parsley and garlic.
- Add the potato slices and season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Pour the mixture into 20x30 cm buttered baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until lightly brown.