Quark (Lazy) Dumplings
Cottage Cheese Dumplings or Lazy Dumplings, in Polish 'Leniwe Pierogi'.
The process - how to make dumplings are lazy. It is more than easy, so prepare very tender and delicious dumplings will absolutely everyone.
These are my childhood memories... the best dumplings I ate in kindergarten.
I can only wish you bon appetit!
- smooth quark - 500g
- plain white flour - 1 cup plus extra for dusting
- eggs - 2 (separated)
- vanilla extract - 1/2 teaspoon
- unsalted butter - 2 tablespoons
- bread crumbs - 1 tablespoon
- sugar - to taste
- Crush the quark with a fork into a bowl. Add the flour, egg yolks and vanilla extract.
- Put the egg whites in a separate bowl and whisk until stiff but not dry.
- Add to remaining ingredients and knead the mixture until combined. Add enough flour to make soft dough, that doesn’t stick to your fingers.
- Put the dough into a lightly floured work surface and divide the dough in halves. Using your hands to roll each into 3cm thick long, then cut into small pieces (1.5cm) with sharp knife.
- Cook the dumplings in large pan in boiled water about 2-3 minutes, just let them float to top and let water boil again.
- Gently remove with slotted spoon.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add bread crumbs and stir until are well combined.
- Serve hot with melted butter and bread crumbs and sprinkled with sugar.