Plum Brownie Cheesecake
This year for my birthday I baked a cheesecake, not as usual but unique. The bottom layer of the brownie, then smoked plums soaked in whiskey, then cheesecake and whipping cream and prunes sauce. Happy Birthday Ilona
- Brownie Pastry
- dark chocolate - 100g
- plain flour - 50g
- caster sugar - 50g
- cold unsalted butter - 50g
- egg - 1
- salt - a pinch
- smooth quark - 1kg
- fresh cream - 100ml
- eggs - 5
- caster sugar - 200g
- plain flour - 3 tablespoons
- potato starch - 1 tablespoon
- smoked plums - 200g
- whiskey - 6 tablespoons
- prunes in syrup - 1 can
- whipping cream - 200ml
- Cut smoked plums into small pieces, pour whiskey and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl and set over a saucepan of gently simmering water until melted. Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Add the egg, sugar, flour and salt into the chocolate mixture and stir it gently.
- Line the base of the tin with parchment and place it inside the tin (22cm round springform cake tin, 4-5cm deep) and spread the mixture into it.
- . Bake for 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature. Spread with soaked plums.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs in the bowl using manual egg beater, add sugar and mix together.
- Blend together the quark, cream, both flours and beaten eggs with sugar. Mix well.
- Pour the filling into the tin over base.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C. Bake 70-80 minutes. The cheesecake is ready when golden brown and puffed up.
- Meanwhile prepare the sauce, remove the seeds from the plums and blend together with syrup.
- Take the cake out of the oven and allow it to sit at room temperature for another 1 hour. Wrap and refrigerate overnight. Use a knife to trim around the outside of the cake. Remove the sides of the tin
- Serve with prunes sauce or with whipping cream
5 stars - based on 2 review(s)