Pavlova Mess – Deconstruction
Pavlova is a crispy, crusty meringue-based dessert with fresh fruit and whipping cream. This is mess-dessert: mishmash of fruit, cream and crumbled meringues turned about and plunked in a glass. It is not traditional Eton Mess, but my variation and it's perfect for summer entertaining.
- bananas - 2 (peeled and cut into 2cm cubes)
- orange - 1 (peeled and cut into 2cm cubes)
- grapes - 200g (halves)
- strawberries - 200g (hull and halves)
- whipping cream - 200ml
- caster sugar - 2 tablespoons
- meringue nests - 4
- Prepare the fruit by washing and peeling. Cut them into halves or quarters, depending on their size.
- Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Whip the cream in bowl, add sugar and continue to beat until soft peaks form.
- Add the fruit, then lightly crush the meringues and stir it all together quite carefully.
- Spoon into glasses or serving bowls and top with the remaining strawberries.