- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: For Family
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 90
- Carbohydrate Content: 10g
- Fat Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 1g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 220mg
- Sugar Content: 6g
Kohlrabi Salad with Pears
Today marks the first day of Spring... I have to eat something crunchy and green! Only one vegetable reminds me of spring. I knew the name in Polish, but had no idea what it is in English (I googled it later on). Kohlrabi. I couldn’t find it at the store, but it's in our local polish shop. Quick and easy to make salad - kohlrabi with pears and cucumber.
- kohlrabi - 1 (peeled and cut into matchsticks)
- cucumber - 1 (peeled and thinly sliced)
- pears - 2 (cored, peeled thinly sliced)
- celery - 1 a handful of chopped celery leaves
- olive oil - 2 tablespoons
- Dijon mustard - 1 tablespoon
- sea salt - to taste
- black pepper - to taste (freshly ground)
- Slice kohlrabi in to 0.5cm thick match sticks.
- Slice thinly cucumber and pears. Set aside and start making the dressing.
- In a small bowl mix olive oil and mustard. Stir well to obtain an emulsion.
- In a large bowl, combine all veggie and toss with dressing. Season with salt and pepper.