Simple Smoked Mackerel Pâté
Smoked Mackerel Pâté is full of healthy fats and perfect for picnics. So easy and quick to make. My favourite way to eat smoked mackerel is with a rye bread.
- smoked mackerel fillet - 1
- crème fraîche - 100ml
- horseradish cream - 2 teaspoons
- lemon juice - 1 tablespoon
- sea salt - to taste
- rainbow peppercorn - to taste (freshly ground)
- parsley - for garnish
- Remove the skin and the bones from the smoked mackerel and flake it.
- Put the crème fraîche, the flaked mackerel, horseradish cream and lemon juice into a food processor.
- Blend until combined smooth.
- Season with ground rainbow peppercorn and sea salt.
- Refrigerate 1-2 hours. Garnish with parsley and serve with crusty bread.