- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: For Family
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 60
- Carbohydrate Content: 11g
- Fat Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: <1g
- Sodium Content: 40mg
Herring with Mustard Sauce
I like herring very much, and recently tried several new recipes with herring in the head role. Today, in a delicious mustard sauce. They taste great!
- matjes herring fillets - 250g
- red onion - ½ (cut into strips)
- apple - ½ (peeled, cored and diced)
- mayonnaise - 4 tablespoons
- Dijon mustard - 1 tablespoon
- chives - 2 tablespoons chopped
- rainbow peppercorn - to taste (freshly ground)
- Soak the fish in plenty of water for half an hour. Pat dry and cut the herring fillets into 2cm slices.
- Combine all of the ingredients thoroughly in a bowl (herring, red onion, apple, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, chives).
- Season with plenty of freshly ground rainbow peppercorn and add chives for garnish
- Wrap and refrigerate overnight. Serve with bread, rolls or crackers.
The herring will keep for up to 1 week in the fridge.
5 stars - based on 2 review(s)