- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: For Family
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 80
- Carbohydrate Content: 17g
- Cholesterol Content: <5mg
- Fat Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 1g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 210mg
- Sugar Content: 11g
Herring with Crème Fraîche
The tender flesh and the high protein content are an ideal complement for a healthy diet. They are also a natural source of Omega-3 fatty acids, which are important for normal metabolism. These oils are a trend food as well.
- matjes herring fillets - 250g
- onion - ½ (diced)
- sour apple - ½ (peeled, cored and grated)
- crème fraîche - 100ml
- lemon juice - 1 teaspoon
- sugar - a pinch
- rainbow peppercorn - 1 tablespoon
- dill - 1 tablespoon (chopped)
- rainbow peppercorn - to taste (freshly ground)
- salt - to taste
- Soak the fish in plenty of water for half an hour. Pat dry and set aside.
- Put the onion in a small bowl, sprinkle with lemon juice. Add the apple, crème fraîche, sugar, rainbow peppercorn and dill. Mix together and set aside.
- Cut the herring fillets into 2cm slices
- Mix the herring with the dressing, season with salt and freshly ground rainbow peppercorn. Arrange in a dish.
- Wrap and refrigerate overnight. Serve with bread, rolls or crackers.
The herring will keep for up to 1 week in the fridge.