- Yield: 12 servings
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Serving: For Family
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 60
- Carbohydrate Content: 4g
- Cholesterol Content: 25mg
- Fat Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 1g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 50mg
- Sugar Content: 3g
Fluffy Spiced Cheesecake
Fluffy spiced cheesecake is moist and wonderful. The cheesecake on top is smooth, thick and creamy. The combination of flavours and textures make this one from a must-make Christmas dessert.
- spiced biscuits - 250g (crushed) + 100g for sprinkling
- soft unsalted butter - 20g (melted)
- sour cream - 1 tablespoon
- cream cheese - 1000g
- egg - 2
- caster sugar - 150g
- potato starch - 1 tablespoon
- sour cream - 250ml
- icing sugar - 2 tablespoons
- Line the base of the tin with parchment and place it inside the tin (22cm round spring form cake tin, 4-5cm deep).
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Put the biscuits in a bag and crush with a rolling pin to crumble. Mix well the crushed biscuits, butter and sour cream. Press the biscuit mixture firmly and evenly into the cake tin using a wooden spoon.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden. Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, beat together the cream soft cheese in the bowl with eggs, sugar and potato flour until smooth.
- Tip the cheese mixture onto the base and spread evenly.
- Place the tin in the oven and bake 45 minutes. The cheesecake is ready when golden brown and puffed up.
- Remove the tin from the oven and leave it to stand for 10 minutes. Combine the remaining sour cream and icing sugar and beat well. Pour over the cheesecake and smooth.
- Increase the temperature to 200°C and bake the cheesecake for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining crushed biscuits. Leave to cool on wire rack, then chill for at least 6 hours.