- Yield: 12 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Serving: For Family
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 50
- Carbohydrate Content: 5g
- Cholesterol Content: 20mg
- Fat Content: 3g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 1g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.5g
- Sodium Content: 5mg
- Sugar Content: 3g
Chocolate Fudge Mousse Cake
Why do you like chocolate cake? The chocolate mousse cake is quite a rich piece loaded with chocolate. This cake puffs like a soufflé when baked, then settles to become a rich chocolate flavoured cake.
- dark chocolate - 125g
- unsalted butter - 125g
- caster sugar - 125g
- plain flour - 1 teaspoons
- egg - 3 (separated)
- vanilla extract - half teaspoon
- cocoa powder - for sprinkling
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set over a saucepan of gently simmering water until melted. Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Put the egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl and whisk until thick and pale. Gradually add melted chocolate. Add the flour and vanilla extract, then mix it carefully.
- Put the egg whites in a separate bowl and whisk until stiff but not dry.
- Stir the egg whites into the chocolate mixture and stir it gently.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line the base of the 20x30cm tin with baking paper and spread the mixture into it.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Take the cake out of the oven and live to cool slightly. Wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Carefully remove from the tin and dust with cocoa powder and serve.