Cocoa Marzipan Potatoes
This recipe is very simple and fun. If you love marzipan – this delicious recipe is for you.
Marzipan Potatoes is nothing else like little balls moulded from almond paste and coated with cocoa powder. Marzipan Potatoes are usually prepare for Christmas.
- ground almonds - 200g
- icing sugar - 200g
- egg white - 1
- almond extract - 2 drops
- whiskey - 1 tablespoon
- cocoa powder - for dusting
- Combine the ground almond, icing sugar, almond oil and whisky in a large bowl.
- Put the egg white in a separate bowl and whisk until stiff but not dry.
- Slowly add the beaten egg white to the almond and sugar mixture, stirring until it just comes together.
- Turn the mixture onto a work surface and knead lightly until it is smooth. Avoid over-kneading, as it will cause the mixture to become brittle. Form it into a ball.
- Cut the ball in smaller pieces and roll them into little balls.
- Put the cocoa powder in a bowl. Put the marzipan balls (a few at a time) in the bowl and start rolling them around until coated.
The marzipan will keep for up to 2 week in the fridge. To store, wrap it into clear film. You can freeze it up to 3 months.