Celeriac and Pickled Gherkin Salad
What do you mean polish style pickled cucumber (half sour pickles or dill pickles)? That means no vinegar in marinate using natural fermentation. It is the old-fashioned way of making pickles with herbs water and salt. Probiotics produced during fermentation are known to have many health benefits: improved digestion, enhanced immune system and better brain function.
I use such a pickled cucumbers in my celeriac salad... it tastes delicious.
- celeriac - 1 root (peeled and cored)
- pickled gherkins - 5 (diced)
- natural yogurt - 2 tablespoons
- honey - 2 tablespoons
- Dijon mustard - 1 teaspoon
- sea salt - to taste
- Grate celeriac on a greater (large holes).
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Season with salt. Mix well and refrigerate overnight. You can keep this salad in the fridge for up to 3 days.