- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 60 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: For Family
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 50
- Carbohydrate Content: 13g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: <1g
- Sugar Content: 5g
DIY Candied Orange Peel
Candied orange peel is easier than you might think to make at home. It is something I normally use in my baking. Candied citrus peels have a lot of flavour.
- Cut the peel each orange into 4 vertical pieces and remove from orange in one piece.
- Cover with lukewarm water in saucepan for 24 hours.
- Drain, remove white portions of the skin by scraping gently with spoon.
- Cut the peel into thin strips or diced
- Put the peel in a pan, add water and sugar. Bring to the boil over medium heat, then simmer over medium-low heat. Stirring occasionally, until the water is almost completely evaporated.
- Place it on a wire rack to cool and leave the peel to dry for 4-5 hours.
- Store it in a closed jar in the fridge for up to 6 months.