Best-Ever Classic Tiramisu
This super-simple classic Italian dessert is fan-freaking-tastic. Whether you’re a big tiramisu fan or you aren’t a lover now... you need make this!
I Love this recipe. I made this many times for my family, get lots of compliments and an empty dish.
It is so important that you have to wait at least 6 hours before serving. In fact, it can be kept refrigerated 1 to 2 days and still be delicious.
- eggs - 6 (pasteurised and separated)
- mascarpone cheese - 750g
- caster sugar - 60g
- Amaretto liqueur - 75ml
- whiskey - 3 tablespoons
- Savoiardi biscuits - 400g (ladyfingers biscuits)
- espresso - 500ml freshly brewed (cooled)
- cocoa powder - for dusting
- In large mixing bowl beaten the egg yolks and sugar using an electric whisk, until thick and pale – almost marshmallows consistency.
- Add mascarpone and Amaretto to whipped yolks, beat until combined.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipped whites in the mascarpone sabayon mixture and set aside.
- Mix the cold espresso with the whisky. Working with one at a time, dip the Savoiardi into the espresso until they are wet on both side, but still hold their shape. Arrange over the bottom of 20x30 cm serving dish to cover.
- Spoon half the mascarpone cream filling over the biscuits.
- Cover with a second layer of soaked Savoiardi and spread with the remainder of the mascarpone mixture.
- Smooth the top of the dessert with a spatula and sift cocoa powder to cover.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. This can now be kept in the fridge for up to 2 days.