- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: For Family
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 70
- Carbohydrate Content: 5g
- Cholesterol Content: 35mg
- Fat Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: <1g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5g
- Sodium Content: 190mg
- Sugar Content: <1g
Baked Fish Loaf – Gefilte Fish
I have had a recipe for meat loaf since a long time ago, but since I don't eat meat, I do my fish loaf. Changed over just the kind of base, but the rest is the same.
- Makes 2 Small Loaves
- wild salmon - 500g (frozen)
- egg - 1
- breadcrumbs - 150g and more as needed + extra for coating
- mushrooms - 4 (diced)
- fresh parsley - 1 tablespoon (chopped)
- sea salt - to taste
- rainbow peppercorn - to taste (freshly ground)
- vegetable oil - 3 tablespoons
- Shred frozen salmon on a greater (large holes).
- Combine all of the ingredients thoroughly in a bowl.
- Season with plenty of ground rainbow peppercorn and salt.
- Using your hands mix well. If the mixture is too wet – add more breadcrumbs.
- Mound the mixture in two loafs and coating them with breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add each loaf to hot oil and fry until golden brown on both sides. Remove to paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Serve hot or cold.Cut into slices. Serve with a leafy tossed salad, bread or baguette and freshly grated horseradish.
5 stars - based on 1 review(s)